Over 200,000 people hold a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. Why? Because it’s the gold standard in health and safety qualifications.
Thousands of leading experts and organisations have helped us update the most widely respected health and safety qualification of its kind in the world. This means that it’s designed to reflect the needs of today’s employer giving learners everything they need to know and do to make their workplace safer.
Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety management responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career and gives you a stepping stone to success.
Who is this qualification for?
The NEBOSH National General Certificate will give you invaluable knowledge and skills AND a globally respected qualification that supports your current role and your long-term career.
The qualification is:
- Relevant to every workplace
- Ideal for managers, supervisors, or anybody with health and safety management responsibilities
- Perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career
According to the Health and Safety Executive, workplace injuries and ill-health cost UK businesses over £15 billion per year. To go home safely at the end of the working day is a right, not a privilege.
The National General Certificate is trusted by many prestigious organisations and it can help to:
- Minimise workplace injuries and illness
- Boost employee wellbeing
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety, which can help win business
- Strengthen your health and safety culture
- Ensure your organisation has valuable in-house health and safety expertise
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NEBOSH National General Certificate covers:
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- The UK’s key legal requirements
Risk assessment is central to the qualification. Through study and workplace application, successful learners will be able to:
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
Download the NEBOSH Syllabus Guide for Learners:
CCAS Ltd run open courses of the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) at our approved venue in Ipswich over a 10 day period, this will involve a minimum of 68 taught hours, and approximately 40 hours of private study and background reading to prepare for the 48 hours open book examination.
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation.
Assessment is a two-step process:
- NG1 – An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario-based and will include a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission.
- NG2 – A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.
Assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
Here are some useful resources, available for direct download to prepare you for your examination:
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. It is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Registration for your examination
Once CCAS Ltd has registered you to an examination, NEBOSH will send you a Confirmation of Registration email that includes your learner number, and important information relating to your examination. Please ensure that you check your name is spelt correctly and let CCAS ltd and NEBOSH know if any changes are required. If you have not received this email please remember to check your spam folders.
Following receipt of your Confirmation of Registration email, NEBOSH will send you a further email containing your Username and Password for the NEBOSH online examination platform. If you have not received this email please remember to check your spam folders.
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety course cost, inclusive of all registrations, examinations and publications is £1,395.00 plus vat, per delegate.