The role of the client has been strengthened considerably under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
The Clients duties are wide ranging and include ensuring that appointed duty holders have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to manage the health and safety risks of the projects.
They are also responsible for ensuring adequate communication, co-operation and co-ordination within the project team and for the provision of relevant information to other duty holders.
As CDM Client Advisor CCAS can assist with the Clients duties under Regulation 4, 5, 6 and 8 of the CDM Regulations by providing the following services;
- Assist with the preparation of the Clients brief
- Submit the Notification Form F10 to HSE if required
- Assist with the appointment of competent duty holders
- Assist with the collation of Pre-Construction Information and highlight the need for any additional required information
- Monitor and provide feedback of Principal Contractor compliance with their duties
- Monitor and provide feedback of Principal Designer compliance with their duties
- Confirm that a suitable Construction Phase Plan is in place to allow commencement of works on site
- Confirm that suitable welfare facilities are in place to allow commencement of works on site
Contact us for an informal discussion on how we can help, or to arrange a free initial consultation with one of our expert team.