The role of the client has been strengthened considerably under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
The Clients duties are wide ranging and include ensuring that appointed duty holders have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to manage the health and safety risks of the projects.
They are also responsible for ensuring adequate communication, co-operation and co-ordination within the project team and for the provision of relevant information to other duty holders.
As CDM Client Advisor CCAS can assist with the Clients duties under Regulation 4, 5, 6 and 8 of the CDM Regulations by providing the following services;
- Assist with the preparation of the Clients brief
- Submit the Notification Form F10 to HSE if required
- Assist with the appointment of competent duty holders
- Assist with the collation of Pre-Construction Information and highlight the need for any additional required information
- Monitor and provide feedback of Principal Contractor compliance with their duties
- Monitor and provide feedback of Principal Designer compliance with their duties
- Confirm that a suitable Construction Phase Plan is in place to allow commencement of works on site
- Confirm that suitable welfare facilities are in place to allow commencement of works on site
Contact us for an informal discussion on how we can help, or to arrange a free initial consultation with one of our expert team.
As a Client or Principal Contractor for a project you may not have the time, resourcing or competence to fully understand and comply with your duties under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
In such cases, it may be appropriate to appoint a CDM advisor for your project. The CDM advisor then ensures you stay complaint and undertakes vital duties on your behalf with relation to paperwork, F10 submission and monitoring the arrangements throughout the project.
We can assist you with this service and have successfully undertaken a varied range of appointments as CDM advisor. Our service incorporates the following:
- Competency check of potential Designers and Contractors.
- Issue of letters and appointment assistance.
- Compiling of pre-construction information.
- Review of project pre-construction information.
- Design team and PD audits.
- Full Client briefing of roles and responsibilities.
- Submission of F10 notification to the HSE.
- On site safety inspection audits.
- Contractor CDM briefings.
- Construction phase plan review.
- Construction phase plan production.
- Review and audit of management arrangements.
- Assistance with producing risk assessments and method statements.
- Assistance with review of risk assessments and method statements.
- Attendance at design team meetings.
- Attendance at site meetings.
- Review of contractors O&M manuals.
- Review of PDs Health and Safety file.
- Assistance with production of Health and Safety file.