CCAS Ltd are full members of the Independent Asbestos Training Providers (IATP), who are recognised by the HSE and other leading principal contractors. To maintain membership we conform to strict terms and conditions that includes an annual audit by an independent consultant to ensure that our Asbestos Awareness Training Courses meets the expectations and standards set out within the HSE Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012 and Approved Code of Practice (L143).
Upon successful completion of the course, each attendee will receive certification in compliance with CAWR 2012 Regulation 10 plus a detailed handout/booklet. Each certificate provided will display the IATP logo and therefore demonstrate quality of the training and the competence of the training provider. This form of training is suitable for all employees whose work could forseeably expose them to asbestos (Regulation 10 – Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012).
Duration of Training: Half-Day
Duration of Validity of Training Certification: 2 Years
Training Course Outline:
- Introduction to asbestos – nature and origin.
- Types of asbestos.
- Properties and benefits (use of asbestos).
- Health hazards.
- Possible locations of asbestos in buildings.
- Current legislation and guidance.
- Working safely/dutyholders responsibilities.
- Safe and correct use of RPE/PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Emergency procedures/accidental damage/general procedures.
- Self assessment test.
People Who Should Train
The basic asbestos safety awareness training course that we offer is ideal for and tailored to the requirements of the following tradesmen, building contractors and developers who are involved in refurbishment, maintenance, repair and/or demolition:
- Plumbing & Heating Engineers
- Security/CCTV Installers
- Heating/Ventilation Engineers
- Insulation Specialists
- Signage/Installation Specialists
- Telecommunications Engineers
- Gas Fitters
- Fire & Burglar Alarm Installers
- Roofing Contractors
- General Builders/Maintenance
- Construction Contractors
- Suspended Ceilings/Partition Installers
- Building Surveyors
- Designers – Architects, Structural and M&E Engineers
We strongly recommend that supervisors, managers, quantity surveyors and project managers also attend this course as it covers important legal aspects of the regulations. The asbestos awareness training course also assists the attendees with communication, liaison, consideration and legal obligations of the duty holder.
Training for Small Builders and Tradesmen
If you are a small independent builder or self employed tradesman then Asbestos Safety Training can benefit you. People such as electricians, joiners, plumbing & heating engineers and insulation specialists that work on old domestic/residential premises built between 1900 & 1999 may be at risk from Asbestos. These older buildings may have Asbestos Containing Materials within and without suitable working practices can be hazardous!
For upcoming dates please click on the course calendar.